Unknown Armies (3rd Edition) Book 1: Play
Unknown Armies (3rd Edition) Book 1: Play Essentials:
- No. of players: 2 +
- Playing time: ∞
Unknown Armies (3rd Edition) Book 1: Play - Rules of Play says:
An occult game about broken people conspiring to fix the world.
It's about getting what you want.
Unknown Armies presents magick as it might exist in a world informed by crime fiction and secret histories, as twisting wrinkles in reality created by greater and greater risk, sacrifice, and obsession. As a player, you are confronted by the consequences of your character's actions, and challenged by the implicit threat of a world shaped by the will of those who want something more than you do.
It's about being relentlessly, hopelessly human.
Book One: Play is the book for players. It details:
- Obsession and identity.
- All of the rules for resolving actions.
- The central shock gauge mechanic.
- How to avoid fights, and how to deal with them when you're dragged into them anyway.
- The magick of adepts and avatars.
- Gorgeous full-color art and layout.